Popular Posts
-
2/12 Don Osborne Run in Oakdale, CA 1 Mile and 5K. Did the 5K last year. 2/26 Almond Blossom Run in Ripon, CA 1 Mile and 5 Mile. New to ...
-
South Fork 5K Before the race start. 7/19/13 . The race was rescheduled due to rain and lightning on the original pla...
-
This will probably go down as the biggest event I've ever or may ever be a part of. Official participant total was 43,927 (55,000 paid)....
-
OK. So I got my results from my health screening at work on my BD. BP was 110/78. Normal is under 120/80. Total cholesterol was 167. Norma...
-
I tried running at the gym early yesterday and couldn't do more than a mile at a time without overheating. Not good, because I was out t...
-
I've run so many great races this year. I just PRed at the 5K distance at the Riverbank Cheese and Wine Festival . I was sixth in my...
-
Yes, this is my first posting. I am a runner. I average 15-25 miles a week. I will use this blog to post up race info and other pertinent in...
-
Ran the Lost Creek Trail Run 5K on 4/28/2012, while I was on vacation. It was held at the Joseph H. Stewart State Park , which is about 40 ...
-
S pud Run 5Mile in Merrill, OR I ran the Spud Run today in 46:54. My splits: 1. 9:0...
-
OK, so tomorrow I run my first races of the year. I am doing the mile at 9 AM and then the 5K at 9:30. Will post up the results here and on ...
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Taking it Easy
Sorry that I haven't posted much lately, but I haven't run much lately. I strained my right hamstring in the race in Ripon at the Almond Blossom Festival. I went ahead and run the 5K and jogged the mile at Henry's March at CSU Stanislaus to see if I could, but it didn't feel right. My hamstring tightened all up again, and maybe worse. That was on 3/6. So I barely jogged/walked a mile on 3/14 to test it. That was OK. I'll probably try to go 1.5 or 2 miles today. I want to do the 2 mile on Sat. at the Jamestown Run and forget about the 10K for now. I can do the 10K in Morgan Hill on 4/10 at the Wildflower Run. That should get me ready for the Bay to Breakers on 5/15. I'm taking it slow so I don't keep re-injuring the hamstring and prolong the injury. I'll be back to speed soon. I promise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment