So I got a Garmin 305 Forerunner with the purpose of being able to monitor my pace more effectively and it paid off in a big way in this race. You can look down and see your current pace as you go. I could see when I was falling off and needed to get up to speed again. I could also set lap times as I passed the mile markers and monitor where I was at compared to my 10K PR that I was trying to beat. That time was 57:42 from last year's Jamestown Run. I started a little quickly with the crowd and got separated from everyone that I needed break free from in the first mile. Then it was just all about monitoring pace and hydration. It was perfect weather, right around 65-70. Splits: 8:44, 9:24, 9:22, 9:31, 9:28, 9:13. That put me at 55:42 at 6 miles. I finished in 57:07, which means that I did the final .2M in 1:25. That's a 7:05/Mile pace. I leaped across the finish line knowing that I had beaten my PR and forgot to hit the stop button on my Garmin, which meant that I had to wait for 2 1/2 days to get my official results. It was a beautiful day. My wife ran the 5K and did well for her. We spent the rest of the morning eating and shopping, which is a great day for her. We didn't spend a lot, just shopped and got her a dress for a future event. Overall it was a lot of fun. I have another chance to beat this PR in 2 1/2 weeks when we do the Jamestown Run again.
Current Weight is around 167 again.
Body Fat is at 21 1/2.
Need to focus on fat intake again.
Popular Posts
-
2/12 Don Osborne Run in Oakdale, CA 1 Mile and 5K. Did the 5K last year. 2/26 Almond Blossom Run in Ripon, CA 1 Mile and 5 Mile. New to ...
-
South Fork 5K Before the race start. 7/19/13 . The race was rescheduled due to rain and lightning on the original pla...
-
I've run so many great races this year. I just PRed at the 5K distance at the Riverbank Cheese and Wine Festival . I was sixth in my...
-
Yes, this is my first posting. I am a runner. I average 15-25 miles a week. I will use this blog to post up race info and other pertinent in...
-
OK. So I got my results from my health screening at work on my BD. BP was 110/78. Normal is under 120/80. Total cholesterol was 167. Norma...
-
So I came up with a plan to maintain fitness and try to correct an issue with my timing. For my winter runs, I am going to run a minimum of ...
-
OK. So I ran the mile and the 5 mile at the Almond Blossom Run in Ripon, CA on 2/26/2011. Times: 1 mile = 7.28.3 15th overall and third (b...
-
Getting excited to run the Giant Race in a week and a half at AT&T Park, in SF, CA. This will be my second half. Just need to beat 2:17...
-
OK. So I am still doing the indoor tri that I signed up for. I have completed the running mileage and I'm working on the bike and swim, ...
-
California International Marathon 2012 Photo is courtesy of the Sacramento Bee. Runners were peeling ponchos and littering the stre...
No comments:
Post a Comment