Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

2011 Wildflower Run 10K

So I got a Garmin 305 Forerunner with the purpose of being able to monitor my pace more effectively and it paid off in a big way in this race. You can look down and see your current pace as you go. I could see when I was falling off and needed to get up to speed again. I could also set lap times as I passed the mile markers and monitor where I was at compared to my 10K PR that I was trying to beat. That time was 57:42 from last year's Jamestown Run. I started a little quickly with the crowd and got separated from everyone that I needed break free from in the first mile. Then it was just all about monitoring pace and hydration. It was perfect weather, right around 65-70. Splits: 8:44, 9:24, 9:22, 9:31, 9:28, 9:13. That put me at 55:42 at 6 miles. I finished in 57:07, which means that I did the final .2M in 1:25. That's a 7:05/Mile pace. I leaped across the finish line knowing that I had beaten my PR and forgot to hit the stop button on my Garmin, which meant that I had to wait for 2 1/2 days to get my official results. It was a beautiful day. My wife ran the 5K and did well for her. We spent the rest of the morning eating and shopping, which is a great day for her. We didn't spend a lot, just shopped and got her a dress for a future event. Overall it was a lot of fun. I have another chance to beat this PR in 2 1/2 weeks when we do the Jamestown Run again.

Current Weight is around 167 again.
Body Fat is at 21 1/2.
Need to focus on fat intake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment