Popular Posts

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Running through the winter

So I came up with a plan to maintain fitness and try to correct an issue with my timing. For my winter runs, I am going to run a minimum of 3 times a week. First run will be a minimum of 5K distance. Second run will be a minimum of 5 miles. Third run will be a minimum of 7 miles. That's a minimum of 15 miles a week. That also guarantees that I am ready at any time to run a 5K or 10K. It will also give me a lot of chances to see what I can do in the 10K zone. I have currently run 4 10Ks to date. All in the 57-59 min. range. I should be running 52-55. I need a focus on that distance to do better next year. This shouldn't be such a challenge for me. Also, for this site I will be ( as embarrassing as this may be ) posting my current weight at the bottom of each post. I have made a goal to reach 155 by New Year's Day. This way everyone can see my progress and hold me accountable. That will put me in a healthy BMI range that I will need to maintain going forward and with my 2011 race goals and training needs, this should be no problem.

Current weight: 167 ( have been in the 163-167 range all year)
Made it through Thanksgiving without significant weight gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment