Popular Posts

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Taking it Easy

Sorry that I haven't posted much lately, but I haven't run much lately. I strained my right hamstring in the race in Ripon at the Almond Blossom Festival. I went ahead and run the 5K and jogged the mile at Henry's March at CSU Stanislaus to see if I could, but it didn't feel right. My hamstring tightened all up again, and maybe worse. That was on 3/6. So I barely jogged/walked a mile on 3/14 to test it. That was OK. I'll probably try to go 1.5 or 2 miles today. I want to do the 2 mile on Sat. at the Jamestown Run and forget about the 10K for now. I can do the 10K in Morgan Hill on 4/10 at the Wildflower Run. That should get me ready for the Bay to Breakers on 5/15. I'm taking it slow so I don't keep re-injuring the hamstring and prolong the injury. I'll be back to speed soon. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment